Wednesday, January 2, 2008

Exemption of Toll Tax

I have been very impressed and motivated by the great efforts that you have been putting into the cause of welfare to the veterans. I would like to express my gratitude on behalf of all my fellow veterans. I would also like to present my self in your service should it help the cause. I can relate with most of the problems that we face after having safeguarded the country with our Sweat and Blood. The kind of harassment that we undergo at the toll tax barriers at the hands of illiterate and arrogant duty personal is a shame and disgrace to those safeguarding the nation.

I have been harassed at most of the Toll Tax barriers as well but as a true soldier, continue to fight for the privileges offered by the Government. I will appreciate a great deal if a copy of the letter exempting veterans from paying toll tax is forwarded to me for wider distribution to put an end to undue harassment of the veterans on toll tax barriers. (National Highways Authority of India(Ministry of Road Transport and Highways) GM(CM) Office letter No NHAI/CMU/GMA Off/EXEMP/Toll Tax d 1166 dated November 17, 2006).
Best regards and good wishes for the new year.

V Sharma
Flt Lt (Retd)

SIGNAL replies
A copy of the NHAI letter is appended below:



Email for a copy and it will be send to you as pdf attachment.

No comments:

Disclaimer

The contents posted on these Blogs are personal reflections of the Bloggers and do not reflect the views of the "Report My Signal- Blog" Team.
Neither the "Report my Signal -Blogs" nor the individual authors of any material on these Blogs accept responsibility for any loss or damage caused (including through negligence), which anyone may directly or indirectly suffer arising out of use of or reliance on information contained in or accessed through these Blogs.
This is not an official Blog site. This forum is run by team of ex- Corps of Signals, Indian Army, Veterans for social networking of Indian Defence Veterans. It is not affiliated to or officially recognized by the MoD or the AHQ, Director General of Signals or Government/ State.
The Report My Signal Forum will endeavor to edit/ delete any material which is considered offensive, undesirable and or impinging on national security. The Blog Team is very conscious of potentially questionable content. However, where a content is posted and between posting and removal from the blog in such cases, the act does not reflect either the condoning or endorsing of said material by the Team.
Blog Moderator: Lt Col James Kanagaraj (Retd)

Resources