Raksha Vibhag (Deparment of Defence)
01. Defence of India and every part thereof including preparation for defence and all such acts as may be conducive in time of war to its prosecution and after its termination to effective demobilisation.
02. The Armed Forces of the Union, namely, Army, Navy and Air Force.
03. Integrated Headquarters of the Ministry of Defence comprising of Army Headquarters, Naval Headquarters, Air Headquarters and Defence Staff Headquarters.
04. The Reserves of the Army, Navy and Air Force.
05. The Territorial Army.
06. The National Cadet Corps.
07. Works relating to Army, Navy and Air Force.
08. Remounts, Veterinary and Farms Organisation.
09. Canteen Stores Department (India).
10. Civilian Services paid from Defence Estimates.
11. Hydrographic surveys and preparation of navigational charts.
12. Formation of Cantonments, delimitation/excision of Cantonment areas, local self-government in such areas, the constitution and powers within such areas of Contonment Boards and authorities and the regulation of house accommodation (including the control of rents) in such areas.
13. Acquisition, requisitioning, custody and relinquishment of land and property for defence purposes. Eviction of unauthorised occupants from defence land and property.
15. Defence Accounts Department.
16. Purchase of food stuffs for military requirements and their disposal excluding those entrusted to Department of Food and Public Distribution.
17. All matters relating to Coast Guard Organisation, including- surveillance of maritime zones against oil spills; combating oil spills in various maritime zones, except in the waters of ports and within 500 metres of off-shore exploration and production platforms, coastal refineries and associated facilities such as Single Buoy Mooring (SBM), Crude Oil Terminal (COT) and pipelines; Central Coordinating Agency for Combating of Oil Pollution in the coastal and marine environment of various maritime zones; implementation of National Contingency Plan for oil spill disaster; and undertaking oil spill prevention and control, inspection of ships and offshore platforms in the country, except within the limits of ports as empowered by the Merchant Shipping Act, 1958 (44 of 1958).
18. Matters relating to diving and related activities in the country.
19. Procurement exclusive to the Defence services.
Poorva Sennani Kalyan Vibhag (Department of Ex- Servicemen)
01. Matters relating to Armed Forces Veterans (Ex-Servicemen) including pensioners.
02. Armed Forces Veterans (Ex-Servicemen) Contributory Health Scheme.
03. Matters relating to Directorate General of Resettlement and Kendriya Sainik Board.
04. Administration of- the Pension Regulations for the Army, 1961 (Parts I and II); the Pension Regulations for the Air Force, 1961 (Parts I and II);the Navy (Pension) Regulations, 1964; and The Entitlement Rules to Casualty Pensionary Awards to the Armed Forces Personnel, 1982.
GBM MINUTES FOR 2017
4 hours ago