Wednesday, February 11, 2009

IESM: Fast for Justice Rally 08 Feb 2009- Congratulatory messages

Date: Tuesday, 10 February, 2009, 4:27 PM
Dear Sir,
I wish to share my thoughts with you on the 8th February rally. I wish to address this letter to Lt. Gen Raj Kadiyan, Maj Gen Satbir and Brig Kamboj as also the rest of the leadership of this mission.

Before I begin, I take this opportunity to congratulate the entire mission team on behalf of my wife, kids and everyone present at Jantar Mantar on the 8th of February for the rally.

Sir, on December 17, 2008 I took an oath at Jantar Mantar that I will give my heart and soul to this great cause and will continue this fight for justice until we win. I am and always will be a soldier and in my opinion it is every soldier's duty to fight for justice and stand for what is right until his last breath. I am committed to do just that. I will be with this mission until victory is ours.

Since that day, I have given my heart and soul to the mission and have had many sleepless nights. But rest assured I will not stop until we accomplish what we have set out to achieve.

During the course of this mission I have had the opportunity to meet all kinds of people including officers, JCOs and jawans of all arms. All of them had something to add to the mission. I chose to listen to the positive and constructive comments and suggestions and ignored the rest. And though many had doubts about the rally, I always knew that together we can and we will make it a grand success that it eventually turned out to be. Faith, as they say, is believing in something that we cannot see.

February 8th, 2009 was a black day in my life as also in the lives of thousands of other officers, JCOs and jawans fighting this battle. Personally, those awards and medals meant more to me than any other thing in this world. Having to give them up was very emotional for me and I have been greatly disturbed. That has been the reason why I have been unable to even come to Jantar Mantar for the last two days. At this point I must thank Brig Kamboj for the amazing blog that he maintains and the emails he sent. It has immensely helped me regain my composure and lift my morale.

As I said, I am a soldier and I must keep fighting. And I will, for there is no rest for me till this battle is over. At this point, I only wish to say the following line - aap aagey badho, hum aapkey saath hain...Once again, I thank Lt Gen Kadyan, Maj Gen Satbir, Brig Kamboj and the entire leadership of this mission for putting together this Rally and guiding it to success.
Thank you.
Yours truly,
Kameshwar Pandey
Hony Lt/Sub Maj (Retd)

Date: Tuesday, 10 February, 2009, 2:04 AM
CONGRATULATIONS TO ALLTHOSE WHO HAVE, AND ARE DOING SO MUCH FOR THE EX & SERVING MEMBERS OFTHE INDIAN DEFENCE SERVICES, I SALUTE YOU ESPECIALLY MY OLD COLLEAGUE CK SHARMA. JAI HIND,
Locky.
Sqn Ldr IS Loughran, UK

FRIENDS,
I AM IN U.K. AND, WITH MY BLOOD BOILING, HAVE BEEN FOLLOWING UP HAPPENINGS AND UNTIRING EFFORTS OF GEN RAJ, CHANDER AND ALL OTHERS IN ACHIEVING OUR MISSION. I EQUATE IT TO THE SITUATION IN WHICH OUR FORE-FATHERS HAD TO 'ASK' FOR INDEPENDENCE AND FIGHT TO 'LIBERATE' OUR OWN COUNTRY FROM THE OCCUPIERS; AS IF THEY WERE DOING US GREAT FAVOUR.LET'S NOT FORGET, IT WAS AGAIN A HANDFUL OF 'JAANBAAZ INQUILABIS' WHO DID IT FOR US. I'LL NOT LIKE TO ELABORATE MUCH MORE ON IT. WG CDR SHARMA'S ACCOUNT OF 'RETURNING MEDALS' SOLEMN SCENE IS HEART- RENDING TO SAY THE LEAST. THE ABJECT APATHY, MEANNESS, ON DISPLAY BY THE RASHTRAPATI'S SUCH LOW-LEVEL STAFF WAS AN EXAMPLE OF/ SHADOW OF THINGS TO COME. THEIR INDIFFERENCE/ NARROW MINDED APPROACH WOULD PROVE MIGHTY COSTLY TO THE NATION. IT CANNOT ALWAYS BE A BED OF ROSES FOR THESE SELF-SERVING PEOPLE GOVERNING THIS COUNTRY.
Brig MK Jain, EME

Dear Kamboj Sir,
It is heartening to note how military Veterans from different walks of life got galvanized to carry the movement to its ecstacy. I am recouping from viral and was unable to join the rally on 8th Feb 2009 but did follow the proceedings thru TV telecasts and news paper reportings (Sunday TOI & HT on 8th) and TOI on 9th Feb.
It appears that media is now backing our movement but Govt. reaction is not forthcoming. Please convey my best regards to Gen Satbir & Gen Kadiyan.
Best regards
Col JL Chatterji

Dear Sir,
Well Done!! Keep it up. We are proud of you.
With regards.
Lt Gen KK Khanna
Dehradun

Dear Brigadier Kamboj,
Bravado. You have done it. Your untiring efforts are all aspiring. You are rendering yeoman service to the cause, as I have always maintained and also that personally I won't have been able to do that. Much that I wanted to myself participate in the rally on the 8th, my slip disc prevents me as I cannot walk long distance. Also, since I had been writing some mails opposing 'OROP' in the earlier form when Lt Col rank was placed in Pay Band 3, going even to the extent of criticizing Raj Kadyan, and giving my 'Legal Opinion' with regard to 'OROP' concept succeeding in the Courts of law, I thought I may give rise to unnecessary controversy if I visited the site. But, nonetheless I have been keeping in touch with the developments. I remained glued to the TV in the evening on 8th to look for rally's coverage by the media. Your untiring efforts, I am sure, are bound to succeed.
With kind regards,
Lt Col MG Kapoor, New Delhi
Practising Law in Delhi HC

Hi Satbir,
Great job done. The rally was a grand success - the coverage by all national dailies and video channels speaks for itself. I am sure this will motivate our course mates, to whom a copy of this mail is marked, not only to become IESM members, but also contribute additional amount as they consider appropriate. I am sorry that I could not hand over my cheque to you in person at the rally, being late could not reach you. Same has since been sent by courier today (9th Feb 09), along with application. Copy of application (in word format) and XL sheet giving details of contribution are attached
........... edited ...........
Regards
Brig Vijay Raheja, Gurgaon

Date: Tuesday, 10 February, 2009, 10:39 AM
Dear Brigadier,
My heartiest congratulations to you and the rest of the core group who are doing a great job in highlighting the ex-servicemen issues. May God bless you all.
with best regards
Brig Chaitanya Prakash (Retd)
Corps of Signals

No comments:

Disclaimer

The contents posted on these Blogs are personal reflections of the Bloggers and do not reflect the views of the "Report My Signal- Blog" Team.
Neither the "Report my Signal -Blogs" nor the individual authors of any material on these Blogs accept responsibility for any loss or damage caused (including through negligence), which anyone may directly or indirectly suffer arising out of use of or reliance on information contained in or accessed through these Blogs.
This is not an official Blog site. This forum is run by team of ex- Corps of Signals, Indian Army, Veterans for social networking of Indian Defence Veterans. It is not affiliated to or officially recognized by the MoD or the AHQ, Director General of Signals or Government/ State.
The Report My Signal Forum will endeavor to edit/ delete any material which is considered offensive, undesirable and or impinging on national security. The Blog Team is very conscious of potentially questionable content. However, where a content is posted and between posting and removal from the blog in such cases, the act does not reflect either the condoning or endorsing of said material by the Team.
Blog Moderator: Lt Col James Kanagaraj (Retd)

Resources