1. Dr T C Rao alongwith six members of Gramin Uthaan– Bharat Nirman (NGO) made a presentation to Hon’ble Chief Minister, Govt of NCT of Delhi on 07 Jul 2010, as to how our holy river “Yamuna” can be cleaned with the efforts of Ex-Servicemen.
2. Hon’ble Chief Minister agreed to engage Ex-Servicemen for operation, maintenance and guarding of water bodies and forests.
3. Accordingly, a meeting was called by Secretary Environment on 10 Aug 2010 about the deployment.
4. Following have been agreed with Delhi Jal Board for deployment of Ex-Servicemen:-
(a) 279 Gun Men at water plant patrolling of Water pipe during Common Wealth Games.
(b) 150 security guards are being deployed at various water points.
(c) Contract of existing 57 Security Guards are being renewed.
5. Forest. Officials of forest bodies mentioned that requirement of Ex-Servicemen is being worked out and being forwarded to DGR for execution.
6. Always at your call.
Dr T C Rao, PhD, Veteran
GOOD NEWS ABOUT PENURY GRANT
1 day ago