Thursday, December 9, 2010

Poor Quality Hearing Aids- Approved Vendors Roam RR Corridors

ECHS AND HEARING AIDS
Dear Sirs,
This perhaps it is the third time that I am addressing the mail to IESM/ECHS. There has never been a reaction.I have met Col Dogra every month to find out if there is any firm policy on the hearing aid vendors. Once I met the Regional Director, who had no clear answer.
The case is simple. I am hard of hearing as far as higher frequencies are concerned. Also, listening in a hall is difficult.
RR Specialits recommended Digital hearing aid, in 2006. By 2007 I was tired of being offered COSTLY aids by mr Anand of Basrurkar market. The pieces offered by him were without any volume control. Cost, such as Rs 50000/- did not impress me.
Next I was directed to Vasant Vihar Optique. There too, COSTLY and even TWO pieces were offered to me but without a volume control. I did not take any.
Oi/c ECHS Lodi tells me that the above are the only vendors on the approved list. In Delhi we have ALPS, who offered a good and cheaper Aid to me but would not deal through ECHS. Same goes for the Hearing Aid shop in Noida, Chandigarh and Amritsar.
There is a need to review the policy on the hearing aids. More vendors, and if necessary some from out stations have also to be brought in the approved list. There has to be flexibility in the concept of PARENT Clinic, in this case.
I have said it earlier and am repeating it again:
  • I am not yet helpless.
  • There is a strong hold of two approved vendors in RR. Their staff is even seen moving around in the Eye and Throat Department.
  • Some of my friends fell in for COSTLY Aids, to keep them in the box, most of the time
    With regards,
    Maj Gen Satish Chandra(Retd)
    Related Reading
    CBI alleges its men were obstructed at military hospital
  • No comments:

    Disclaimer

    The contents posted on these Blogs are personal reflections of the Bloggers and do not reflect the views of the "Report My Signal- Blog" Team.
    Neither the "Report my Signal -Blogs" nor the individual authors of any material on these Blogs accept responsibility for any loss or damage caused (including through negligence), which anyone may directly or indirectly suffer arising out of use of or reliance on information contained in or accessed through these Blogs.
    This is not an official Blog site. This forum is run by team of ex- Corps of Signals, Indian Army, Veterans for social networking of Indian Defence Veterans. It is not affiliated to or officially recognized by the MoD or the AHQ, Director General of Signals or Government/ State.
    The Report My Signal Forum will endeavor to edit/ delete any material which is considered offensive, undesirable and or impinging on national security. The Blog Team is very conscious of potentially questionable content. However, where a content is posted and between posting and removal from the blog in such cases, the act does not reflect either the condoning or endorsing of said material by the Team.
    Blog Moderator: Lt Col James Kanagaraj (Retd)

    Resources