Drafting of Lokpal Bill
Dear Sh Shanti Bhushan jee,
1. Your letter to FM has been brilliantly written covering all aspects of the Draft being prepared for the Lokpal Bill. Well Done.
2. We the Defence Veterans are totally in agreement with points being projected by the Civil Society Members and would request you all to continue to press for these issues. Lokpal Bill must be strong enough to deliver to the people of India a “Corruption free environment” which should act as catalyst for good governance
3. We implore all members of the Civil Society to stick to all the points put up by you. The whole nation will support you. If required, press for referendum on these aspects of the Bill. The PM, Judiciary, MPs and all public servants, infact every one in the country be brought under the “Lokpal”
4. On more issue, we wish to bring to your notice is that the Defence Officers are selected through a very deep and stringent selection process at the Services Selection Board and have the basic qualities of head and heart in them. The experiences they gain through the inservice period further enrich them to handle national issues. While the other countries like USA, UK etc extensively use their experience and expertise, India totally ignores this aspect except one or two made Governors.
5. We would therefore, request you to strongly project inclusion of suitable Defence personnel in the selection committee of Lokpal and Lok Ayukta as well as part of the Lokpal and Lok Ayukta benches. Please DO NOT FORGET THE SOLDIER. They will deliver the best to the nation.
God Bless you God Speed.
Maj Gen (Retd) Satbir Singh, SM
Vice Chairman, IESM
Lok Pal Bill: Letter from Shri Shanti Bhushan to the Finance Minister- Click here
Rafale deal faces turbulent weather: Part 1
15 hours ago