IESM Combating Corruption alongside 'India Against Corruption' Crusaders
Dated: 23 Aug 2011 IESM STRONGLY SUPPORTS: INDIA AGAINST CORRUPTION
1. IESM once against requests all ESM Organizations and ESM across the country to strongly support India Against Corruption Campaign and enactment of strong and effective legislation.
2. Martin Luther King Jr when imprisoned said “Injustice Anywhere is Threat to Justice Everywhere”. Fundamental rights to protest was unjustly thwarted by the Govt. It was a grave Injustice.
3. A strong and effective Lokpal and Lok Ayukta Legislation is not only a universal phenomena but deserves to become a Universal Institution which will help reform democracies of the Free World all over to rediscover their pristine spirit of Liberty under care of universally accepted good ethics, morals and values to deliver Good Governance and Justice to Mankind. This alone can usher in Peace and Tranquility through Non Violence.
4. On 11 Sep 1893, in Parliament of Religions at Chicago Swami Vivekananda had said. “No One cane ask Sun its authenticity to Shine”. No one can question Anna’s intentions to uphold and deliver Justice.
5. Friends, PM’s statement that the Govt wants strong and effective Lokpal Bill; while his intentions may not be in question but we the people of India have the right to ask him as to how will he bring strong Lokpal legislation when the seed of the Tree (in the form of Govt Draft Lokpal Bill) is not only weak but lacks potency. Standing Committee behind which the Govt is taking shelter cannot substantially alter the bill. The Govt has an option to withdraw the Govt Lokpal Bill and introduce a very strong and effective Lokpal and Lok Ayukta Bill incorporating the best of all suggestions.
6. Let us all join the Movement in large numbers across the country and strongly speak in favour of enactment of a strong and effective legislations. Moral courage in every veteran should be demonstrated by speaking out for JUSTICE. PLEASE REACH IN LARGE NUMBERS WITH FAMILY MEMBERS AND SUPPORTERS AT RAM LILA GROUND ON 24 AUG 2011 AT 11 AM TO BE PART OF ANNA’S MOVEMENT and EVERYDAY THEREAFTER.
God Bless God Speed
Maj Gen (Retd) Satbir Singh, SM
Vice Chairman, IESM Comment: Vested Politicians (especially the hardcore lawyer turned politicians- they can subvert the law) should not be in the Lokpal Drafting Committee. The Government is making an ass of the citizens! Politicians are making Indian Parliament Democracy a Mockery. Citizens sentiments are taken for granted by bureaucrats to conjure them into a coma...! Dr Manmohan seems to be honest but his Lokpal drafting team a suspect Click here: Prime Minister writes to Shri Anna Hazare
The contents posted on these Blogs are personal reflections of the Bloggers and do not reflect the views of the "Report My Signal- Blog" Team.
Neither the "Report my Signal -Blogs" nor the individual authors of any material on these Blogs accept responsibility for any loss or damage caused (including through negligence), which anyone may directly or indirectly suffer arising out of use of or reliance on information contained in or accessed through these Blogs.
This is not an official Blog site. This forum is run by team of ex- Corps of Signals, Indian Army, Veterans for social networking of Indian Defence Veterans. It is not affiliated to or officially recognized by the MoD or the AHQ, Director General of Signals or Government/ State.
The Report My Signal Forum will endeavor to edit/ delete any material which is considered offensive, undesirable and or impinging on national security. The Blog Team is very conscious of potentially questionable content. However, where a content is posted and between posting and removal from the blog in such cases, the act does not reflect either the condoning or endorsing of said material by the Team.
Blog Moderator: Lt Col James Kanagaraj (Retd)