Reservation of Government Posts for Ex-Servicemen- September 6, 2011
There is no provision for earmarking of posts exclusively for ex- servicemen therefore the data on the actual number of reserved posts and unfilled vacancies earmarked for the Ex-servicemen are not maintained. However, percentagewise reservations ranging from 10 to 24.5% of the total available vacancies in Group C & D posts in Government jobs and Public Sector Undertakings have been provided for the willing and eligible Ex- servicemen.
It is the responsibility of concerned organization to fill the vacant posts. However the government endeavours to explore every possible avenue for increasing employment opportunities for the Ex-servicemen through various initiatives including trainings and awareness programmes. Moreover, the State Governments have also been advised to fill up the vacancies reserved for Ex-servicemen expeditiously. Since the Department of Ex-servicemen Welfare has no mandate to monitor the job reservations for Ex-servicemen, the matter has been taken up with Cabinet Secretariat in consultation with Department of Personnel & Training to empower Department of Ex-servicemen Welfare to monitor the same through appropriate changes in relevant rules.
This information was given by Minister of State for Defence Shri MM Pallam Raju in a written reply to Shri Ananth Kumar and Shri Devji M. Patel in Lok Sabha today. pib
Reservation for Ex-Servicemen
Department of Ex-Servicemen Welfare: Who is Who
1. Smt. Neelam Nath Secretary 23792914, 23792913 5-A, South Block, New Delhi
2. Shri Shekhar Agarwal Special Secretary 23011775/23017875(Fax) 109-A South Block, New Delhi
3. Shri Sanjeeva Kumar Joint Secretary (ESW) 23011804/23015933(Fax) 99-A, South Block, New Delhi
4. Shri D. K. Tyagi Director(Pension) 23015609(Fax) 213, A Wing, Sena Bhawan, New Delhi
5. Maj Gen PRAMOD BEHL Director General, Resettlement 26192351/26192350(Fax) West Block-IV, R.K. Puram, New Delhi-66
6. Brig Sudhir Uppal, VSM Secretary, Kendriya Sainik Board 26192361 26192362(Fax) West Block-IV, R.K. Puram, New Delhi-66
7. Maj Gen A Srivastava MD (ECHS) 25684846 Army Headquarters, AG's Branch Maudelines, Delhi Cantonement
Department of Ex Servicemen
Comment: The Statistical Office of ESW needs to be wound up. Their contribution to Welfare has been zilch till date. The savings incurred can be utilised elsewhere.
Part 2: How much did the Rafale actually cost?
10 hours ago