Reservation of Government Posts for Ex-Servicemen- September 6, 2011
There is no provision for earmarking of posts exclusively for ex- servicemen therefore the data on the actual number of reserved posts and unfilled vacancies earmarked for the Ex-servicemen are not maintained. However, percentagewise reservations ranging from 10 to 24.5% of the total available vacancies in Group C & D posts in Government jobs and Public Sector Undertakings have been provided for the willing and eligible Ex- servicemen.
It is the responsibility of concerned organization to fill the vacant posts. However the government endeavours to explore every possible avenue for increasing employment opportunities for the Ex-servicemen through various initiatives including trainings and awareness programmes. Moreover, the State Governments have also been advised to fill up the vacancies reserved for Ex-servicemen expeditiously. Since the Department of Ex-servicemen Welfare has no mandate to monitor the job reservations for Ex-servicemen, the matter has been taken up with Cabinet Secretariat in consultation with Department of Personnel & Training to empower Department of Ex-servicemen Welfare to monitor the same through appropriate changes in relevant rules.
This information was given by Minister of State for Defence Shri MM Pallam Raju in a written reply to Shri Ananth Kumar and Shri Devji M. Patel in Lok Sabha today. pib
Reservation for Ex-Servicemen
Department of Ex-Servicemen Welfare: Who is Who
1. Smt. Neelam Nath Secretary 23792914, 23792913 5-A, South Block, New Delhi
2. Shri Shekhar Agarwal Special Secretary 23011775/23017875(Fax) 109-A South Block, New Delhi
3. Shri Sanjeeva Kumar Joint Secretary (ESW) 23011804/23015933(Fax) 99-A, South Block, New Delhi
4. Shri D. K. Tyagi Director(Pension) 23015609(Fax) 213, A Wing, Sena Bhawan, New Delhi
5. Maj Gen PRAMOD BEHL Director General, Resettlement 26192351/26192350(Fax) West Block-IV, R.K. Puram, New Delhi-66
6. Brig Sudhir Uppal, VSM Secretary, Kendriya Sainik Board 26192361 26192362(Fax) West Block-IV, R.K. Puram, New Delhi-66
7. Maj Gen A Srivastava MD (ECHS) 25684846 Army Headquarters, AG's Branch Maudelines, Delhi Cantonement
Department of Ex Servicemen
Comment: The Statistical Office of ESW needs to be wound up. Their contribution to Welfare has been zilch till date. The savings incurred can be utilised elsewhere.
Audited Balance sheet of VSF Fund for FY 2016-17
2 hours ago