In the resent past major veteran issues have come up in the blogs concerning the Armed Forces Personnel and the Veterans.
A few of them are:
1 Non Functional Up gradation (NFU) to officers.
2. Amending the Pension Regulations of the Armed Forces.
3. Non Implementation of Judgments of AFTs (aboutg 2000).
4. Payment of 100% pension to the Veterans up to the age of 60 years (age for superannuation for central Govt employees) and payment of OROP.
5. Separate Ministry or a Defense Board (like that of Railway) for Armed Forces Personnel.
6. Cadre Review (being done every 5 years in other Departments).
7. Abnormal Difference of pension between two immediate Ranks to the tune of Rs.11,000/-PM
8. Withdrawal of existing Rank Pay by 6th CPC (replacing with grade pay to give additional emoluments to civilian employees and also to create an equation of imbalance between civ and Military.)
9. Majors with more than 15 years of service equated with cadets and Hony Lt's (PB-3).
10. A meaningful resettlement of Armed Forces Veterans.
11. Dignity (Izzath) of the personnel in uniform/ Protocol/ precedence vis a vis the civilian counterparts.
The above are some of the major issues that are being reflected in emails and blogs nowadays. The blame is palmed on to the babus of MOD and the Politicians. But one must think honestly - Are they fully responsible for these omissions. What is the role of the Service HQs?
click here for more
India Does Not Need Boots on Afghan Ground
9 hours ago