Tuesday, August 3, 2010

ECHS: Veterans continuing battle for health care

ECHS: BATTLE OF THE VETERANS A CASE STUDY Dental related treatment
1. I really wonder after the Battle has been lost and won was it worth going through the ECHS for fixed dentures? At the end of the day I have ended up paying Rs 16000/- for the fixed dentures to cover the gap of 4 teeth on top (now 6 teeth denture) and one bottom gum (now 3 teeth fixed denture).
2. It took over a dozen visits to ECHS BH, Tilak Nagar star imaging and path lab, R&R and of course finally Rampal Dental Clinic in GKII.
3. I am presently reasonably satisfied with the job which had my approval while on the Dental Chair. Initial cost was quoted as Rs 1 Lac for Top Quality fixed Dentures. I said spending a lac at this age for elephant’s teeth is not worth. In one of the sittings I settled for flexible dentures for Rs 10000/- and in the final sitting the doctor while on the dental chair recommended that I should go for the fixed denture of a reasonable quality which would cost Rs 30000/- as the health of the teeth on both sides is bad and would have to be treated in 6-8 months. When I said the cost appears to be still beyond my budget. Negotiation landed up to Rs 18000/-.
4. Now I have sets of partial two fixed dentures of hopingly reasonable quality. I was told ECHS pays only Rs 500/- per month tooth denture. Rs 2000/- was finally reduced and I ended up finally paying Rs 16000/-.
5. There may be many similar cases which go unreported. As a post treatment ECHS may be able to comment that did I receive the correct treatment or I paid excessive through decision was ultimately mine for which I do not blame anyone from the ECHS. I wonder did I gain anything going through the ECHS for my dental treatment keeping in mind the time spent in waiting and trips made that is for the ECHS to decide.
6. I really wonder if I got true value for my money. Did I benefit from the noble idea of ECHS’s envisaged aim of extended health arm to reach near the veterans door step?
Veteran Col RC Patial , SM

No comments:

Disclaimer

The contents posted on these Blogs are personal reflections of the Bloggers and do not reflect the views of the "Report My Signal- Blog" Team.
Neither the "Report my Signal -Blogs" nor the individual authors of any material on these Blogs accept responsibility for any loss or damage caused (including through negligence), which anyone may directly or indirectly suffer arising out of use of or reliance on information contained in or accessed through these Blogs.
This is not an official Blog site. This forum is run by team of ex- Corps of Signals, Indian Army, Veterans for social networking of Indian Defence Veterans. It is not affiliated to or officially recognized by the MoD or the AHQ, Director General of Signals or Government/ State.
The Report My Signal Forum will endeavor to edit/ delete any material which is considered offensive, undesirable and or impinging on national security. The Blog Team is very conscious of potentially questionable content. However, where a content is posted and between posting and removal from the blog in such cases, the act does not reflect either the condoning or endorsing of said material by the Team.
Blog Moderator: Lt Col James Kanagaraj (Retd)

Resources