Mr. Rajeev Chandrasekhar, during the discussion on Union Budget 2011-12 in the Parliament yesterday, has yet again urged the Hon’ble Finance Minister and the Hon’ble Defence Minister for a resolution of the One Rank, One Pension demand of the Armed Forces veterans.
Please find below the link to Mr. Chandrasekhar’s speech, for your information:
Warm regards ,
March 10, 2011
Extracts of Speech
...Lastly, the issue of One Rank, One Pension for our Veterans. Sir, I feel disappointed that as a nation that we are seeing a need to have this discussed in Parliament at all. These proud men and their families have served our nation selflessly, with a certain belief that the nation and their people will look after them, when it comes to their turn to be looked after. At a time, when there are visible signs of crony capitalism and hundreds of thousands of crores of largesse and benefits being given to vested interests, how can we look into the eyes of these veterans and deny them their legitimate demand quoting budgetary constraints. Let not a few hundred crores come in the way of our duty to these men and their families. I hope the Finance Minister and Defence Minister respond to this plea.
Speech by Shri Rajeev Chandrasekhar, MP During the Debate in Parliament on Union Budget 2011-12
ONE RANK, ONE PENSION ISSUE
Dear Sh. Rajeev Chandrasekhar,
1. We, the Defence Veterans are grateful to you for raising the issue of OROP in the Parliament once again on 10 Mar 2011.
2. The Govt continues to ignore all efforts to get Justice to the Defence Forces. One way to make the Govt see reason is, if a sufficiently large group of MPs cutting across the party lines speak unitedly to ask the Govt to accept the long pending demand of OROP which had been promised by PMs, RMs for the last 30 years and had been on many occasions strongly recommended by the All Party Parliamentary Committees on Defence.
3. May we request you to assist us in making presentation to a group of MPs who feel that the demand of Defence veterans is genuine and must be accepted. We will make presentation to them.
4. The Defence Veterans have decided to continue with their struggle to get Justice. In a Rally held on 06 Mar 2011 the following important resolutions were unanimously passed by raising hands by all attendees with words “Jai Hind” and – Yes, renting the air:
a) They will continue with their struggle till their demands are met.
b) They will not only not take back the medals already deposited with the president but will continue to deposit the same in future.
c) They will bring back medals if President did not receive these herself.
d) The parties in power in the States would be requested to support their demand of OROP and have a resolution passed in their State Assemblies. If they did not do so, the Party in power in the State will have no right to ask for their ‘Votes’ in any future elections.
e) The party in power at the Centre if it does not accept the demand of OROP will have no right to ask for their votes in any future election.
5. Report on the Rally dated 06 Mar 2011 at Jantar Mantar New Delhi linked here-click here.
6. We look forward to your positive response please.
Maj Gen (Retd) Satbir Singh, SM
Vice Chairman, IESM
GOOD NEWS ABOUT PENURY GRANT
1 day ago