Major with 21 yrs service Pension of Time Scale Lt Col Para 5 (a) (iv) of Special Army Instruction (SAI) 2/S/98
Dear Kamboj Sir,
The SAI/2/S/98 was issued and officers of the Rank of Major who had 21 years service were to get Lt Col Pension. Many have not got it and hence the letter below may be sent by them to the AG Branch.
Officers of equivalent ranks from Navy and Airforce may also write to inquire if such provision was there for them too and if so why it was not implemented in an individual case.
Cdr Ravindra Waman Pathak
Member Governing Body and Pension Cell IESM
From: IC-___ Major ____ (Retd)Address
1. Additional Director General Personnel Services, PS Directorate, Army HQrs, DHQ PO, New Delhi – 110 011
2. Controller of Defence Accounts (Officers), Golibar Maidan, Pune, Maharashtra
3. Principal Controller of Defence Accounts (Pensions), Draupadi Ghat, Allahabad, Uttar Pradesh 20th October 2010 Non-grant of Pay Scale and Pension of Time Scale Lt Col till date as per the provisions of Para 5 (a) (iv) of Special Army Instruction (SAI) 2/S/98
1. I, IC-_____, Maj ______, retired from .......... ..... after approximately __ years of service in the rank of substantive Major on 31-01-1998. As per Para 5 (a) (iv) of SAI 2/S/98, officers who were substantive Majors prior to 01-01-1996 and who could not be promoted as Time Scale or Selection Grade Lt Cols were to be automatically granted the pay scale of time scale Lt Col (without promotion to the actual rank of TS Lt Col) on completion of 21 years of service with effect from 01-01-1996. I was commissioned on 15-03-1970 and was a substantive Major with more than 21 years of service as on 01-01-1996. The said scale as per the SAI was not granted to me and I was retired in the pay and pension of a Major and not of a Lt Col. It seems that all of my similarly placed fellow officers have been granted the benefit except me.
2. In view of the above, you are requested to kindly initiate the process of granting me the pay-scale and pension of time scale Lt Col with effect from 01-01-1996 as per the provisions of the ibid SAI which has not been done till date probably due to some oversight at your end.
3. An early action with intimation to the undersigned is requested please. Thanking You
MANPOWER IN ECHS
1 day ago