PARLIAMENTARY COMMITTEE ON DEFENCE RECOMMENDS OROP ONCE AGAIN
1. While the Govt continues to deny our legitimate demand of OROP, we have been relentlessly endeavouring to continue exploring all options to make the Govt see reason and grant us our due demand. To get the All Party Standing Committee on Defence, reiterate its recommendation on OROP in its report, we have been following it up with Shri Satpalji Maharaj, MP, and Chairman Standing Committee on Defence. In this connection please refer to our enclosed letters.
2. The Standing Committee in its report tabled in the Parliament on 24 Mar 2011, has once again recommended OROP. It has also recommended setting up of a National Commission for EX-Servicemen. Sh Satpal Ji Maharaj has very kindly sent the Press Release on the report through email to the undersigned which is enclosed.
3. Friends, echoes have started gaining momentum. What is required now is “A Strong United Movement by Armed Forces Veterans”. We, appeal to all defence fraternity to join hands and demonstrate strength, vibrancy, dynamism, “UNITY” without any frills. Let us all be ONE in our resolve to get OROP and ensure that the Govt listens to us for the fraternity at large.
4. I also appeal to all senior Defence Veterans specially all Lt Gens and Chiefs to come forward and support the Movement for Justice. We have saluted you and gave you our unflinching loyalty to safe guard the sovereignty and integrity of the country even at the peril of our lives. The rank and file was always with you.
5. Now when the Injustice is being done to us, we request you all to strongly take up our case with the Govt unitedly. This is the time to stand up and be counted. You will always remain our senior leaders and we look forward for your support to get our due Justice.
6. After reading this mail, please circulate it to as many veterans as possible for action please.
Maj Gen (Retd) Satbir Singh, SM
Shri Satpal Maharaj, Chairman, Standing Committee on Defence, presented the Tenth Report of the Committee on Action Taken Report on `Human Resource Planning, Shortage of Manpower, Infusion of Hi-Tech Training and Infrastructure for the Armed Forces’ today on Thursday, the 24th March, 2011, Click here to read some of the salient observations/ recommendations
EXWEL TRUST HELPS TO GET NEW ECHS CARD
12 hours ago