From: Lt Cdr(Retd) Avtar Singh
To: Her Excellency, Smt Pratibha Patil, The President of India
SUB: Please give us what sixth CPC has recommended and what Government has approved
1. For a moment I drop the just demand of ex servicemen regarding One Rank One pension
2. I am also willing to swallow the unjust difference of Rs 12000 in six cpc as against Rs 2000 per month in fifth cpc between the rank of major and Lt Col.
3. All that I am projecting to you is that I should be paid what six cpc has recommended and what the government has approved under a resolution.
4. The sixth cpc has recommended that under the modified parity agreed to by the government the pension of a retired individual should not be less than 50% of the minimum of pay in pay band corresponding to the rank that an individual had retired provided the individual has served for 33 yrs
5. As per above the pension of an officer of the rank of Major/equivalent should not be less than Rs 18205 provided he has completed 33 yrs of service.
6. As against above my pension has been fixed Rs 14464 (Rs 3741 pm less)
7. Your Excellency, in this case:
(a) The six cpc is not at fault and also
(b) The government has done its job but
(c) The Bureaucrats at the helm of the affairs have become a road block
8. Aggrieved and Cases Instituted
(a) About 200 officers
(b) Under sixteen petitions
(c) At Principal Bench of AFT Delhi and two benches at Chandigarh have petitioned against the injustice meted out to them.
(d) All the above petitions have been heard and admitted under three different judgments.
(e) None of the petition has been disallowed and
(f) As against three months given to the government six months have past and yet
(g) The orders have not been implemented
9. I humbly request your honour to direct the concerned official to see reasons and implement the decision without further delay
10. Finally I wish to state that I am 78 yrs old and number of my colleagues older than me are awaiting justice in their fag end of life
11. I am enclosing list of litigants along with this submission
LT CDR (RETD)
DIWALI GREETINGS TO OUR READERS
53 minutes ago