Nearly 7% percent increase is expected to be available for all central government employees from 1.7.2011, the existing rate of dearness allowance is 51%.
The total DA may change to 58% (51% + 7% = 58%).
AICPIN for the month of May – 2011 Labour Bureau, Government of India
Consumer Price Index Numbers for Industrial Workers on Base 2001=100 CPI(IW) Base 2001=100 Monthly Index Letter – MAY 2011. APRIL 2011 – 186, MAY 2011 – 187
ALL INDIA CONSUMER PRICE INDEX NUMBERS FOR INDUSTRIAL WORKERS ON BASE 2001= 100 FOR THE MONTH OF MAY, 2011
1. All India Consumer Price Index Number for Industrial Workers (CPI-IW) on base 2001=100 for the month of May, 2011 increased by 1 point and stood at 187 (one hundred & eighty seven).
2. During May, 2011, the index recorded increase of 8 points in Ludhiana centre, 6 points in Nasik centre, 5 points each in Giridih, Mundakkayam and Sholapur centres, 4 points in 3 centres, 3 points in 4 centres, 2 points in 14 centres and 1 point in 18 centres. The index decreased by 4 points in Rangapara Tezpur centre, 3 points in Ghaziabad centre, 2 points in Guwahati centre, 1 point in 10 centres, while in the remaining 21 centres the index remained stationary.
3. The maximum increase of 8 points in Ludhiana centre is mainly on account of increase in the prices of Arhar Dal, Masur Dal, Mustard Oil, Vanaspati Ghee, Milk, Chillies Dry, Electricity Charges, Toilet Soap, Washing Soap, etc. The increase of 6 points in Nasik centre is due to increase in the prices of Wheat, Bajra, Chillies Dry, Vegetable & Fruit items, Petrol, etc. The increase of 5 points in Giridih, Mundakkayam and Sholapur centres is due to increase in the prices of Rice, Jowar, Vegetable & Fruit items, Tea (Readymade), Firewood, Soft Coke, Hair Oil, Washing Soap, etc. The decrease of 4 points in Rangapara Tezpur centre is the outcome of decrease in the prices of Wheat Atta, Fish Fresh, Turmeric Powder, Garlic, Vegetable & Fruit items, Pan Leaf, etc. The decrease of 3 points in Ghaziabad centre is due to decrease in the prices of Wheat Atta, Onion, Vegetable & Fruit items, etc. The decrease of 2 points in Guwahati centre is due to decrease in the prices of Wheat Atta, Vegetable & Fruit items, Pan Leaf, etc.
4. The indices in respect of the six major centres are as follows:
5. The All-India (General) point to point rate of inflation for the month of May, 2011 is 8.72% as compared to 9.41% in April, 2011. Inflation based on Food Index is 7.61% in May, 2011 as compared to 8.24% in April, 2011.
6. The CPI-IW for June, 2011 will be released on the last working day of the next month, i.e. 29th July, 2011.
Source: Expected DA from July 2011 is almost confirmed
Increase in Allowances
Consequent upon revision of rates of DA, w.e.f. 01 Jan 11, to 51%, the rates of the following Allowances / Grants will be enhanced by 25% as mentioned at extant orders on the subject... click here